Becoming a TIPS Vendor
To become a TIPS vendor with the ability to sell products and/or services through a TIPS contract, you must receive an award from the Region 8 Education Service Center Board of Directors, which serves as the lead agency of The Interlocal Purchasing System (TIPS).
The process to become an awarded vendor is as follows:
1. Register on the TIPS Website as a TIPS Potential Bidder. This registration will add your email to the list of vendors to be notified when solicitations (RFP’s/RFQ’s) are posted by TIPS for specific products or services. Registering as a TIPS Potential Bidder DOES NOT make you a TIPS awarded vendor. It is merely the first step in the process to become a TIPS awarded vendor.
2. Monitor your emails at the email address you entered in the TIPS Potential Bidder registration process. You will periodically receive notifications from TIPS that solicitations (RFP’s/RFQ’s) have been posted. Review the posted solicitations to see if products or services you sell meet the specifications of the solicitation.
3. When TIPS releases a solicitation which encompasses the products/services sold by your company, prepare a proposal response to that solicitation and submit your proposal to TIPS by the posted deadline date and time. All responses must be submitted electronically at https://tips.ionwave.net.
4. After your proposal has been submitted, it will go through the review process. It will be scored by a scoring committee using a pre-determined scoring rubric. The scoring rubric is included in the solicitation instructions information. Proposals must receive a minimum score of 80 points to be recommended for an award.
5. If your proposal receives a score of 80 or above, your company will be recommended to the lead agency, Region 8 Education Service Center Board of Directors, to receive a TIPS contract award. The Board of Directors meets monthly to consider and vote on new contract awards.
6. If your company is awarded a TIPS contract by the Region 8 ESC Board of Directors, you will receive an official TIPS award letter along with other pertinent information related to being an Awarded TIPS Vendor.